Monday, August 8, 2011

A Witty Love

I read a lot of poems, and since poems are usually centered around a very romantic plot, that's a lot of what I read. I enjoy this a lot actually, but sometimes it gives us a very candy-coated definition of Love. Honestly, I don't believe in defining Love (except to label it as an emotion/ state of being/ chemical process of the brain/ whatever) it's different for most everyone. Some people think a starry night and wine is the essence of Romance, whereas, some people believe Subway is a perfectly romantic date. So, when I read poems about Love, I feel honored to have been able to share and connect with that person's idea of Love. However, I feel a bit hopeless at the same time. (especially when I'm single) I feel like I'm missing out on some part of life that everyone has experienced.
                I believe that I've been in love with someone, and at the time it was great. I always thought that we'd be in love forever and be super romantic and live together in New York and all these other perfectly hopeless fantasies. Reality, however, had to step in. We soon realized the gravity of the things we said, and that changed her feelings pretty quickly. I'm really confused, though. I didn't think Love was something that changed. I thought it was this constant emotion or state of being or chemical process of the brain or whatever, and it just went away as fast as it had come.
              I want someone to sit with me under the stars, and to take me to Subway. I want to hold someone's hand, and fall asleep in their arms. I want to stay up late and talk about nothing, and love every second of it. I want to be able to be witty and fun and loving, and I want her to be fantastic and beautiful and intelligent. But this is only High School, I'm pretty sure my standards are too high.
              I just want to be a simple, hopeless romantic, high schooler, but I think that's too much to ask.
Thank you for reading c:

5 comments:

  1. This is what you write, what you wrote .. It is unearthly.
    I live in Poland. Here, write something like this would be at least strange.
    Rozuemiem you very well (although my translator is not very good) I have so every evening. I go to bed and boom! My thoughts could not even let me sleep. I hate that. I hate to feel alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. still remember me?
    maybe yes maybe not.
    (I think) I'm back

    ReplyDelete