Sunday, June 12, 2011

Food For Thought

The power of music never ceases to amaze me. I can be in the foulest mood ever, but when I listen to "Sleeping Patterns" by Merchant Ships, I automatically understand why I feel that way. This song helps ease my mind while I collect my emotions. Also, it gives me a sense of peace in a world where peace has been forgotten. I feel that everything is okay in the world as long as this song is playing.
I've always wanted to make music like that, and I try. My recording isn't the best, but I try my best to empathize with the youth of the day. I think that's one of the things we all want in life. We want to empathize and feel something with others. We don't want to sit alone on our computers all our life. We want to go out and be someone, and do something. Well, at least I do. I don't know about everyone else. I'd like you to leave a comment, or contact me in some way telling me exactly what you want to do with your life. Maybe it will be the push you need to get in there and do it.

4 comments:

  1. What I want to do with my life is simple in theory: I want to do something, anything to help someone else. If I can make a positive impact on just one person, I will feel like I accomplished something.

    What about you? What do you want to accomplish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want people to understand that together we're not alone. There are billions of people You and I are just two of them. Sometimes, it only feels like its me. I just want everyone to realize that it's not just them. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that. Many times, especially when I was your age, I felt like I was the only one in the world with problems or that everyone else was happy except me. (I'll admit, sometimes I still feel that way!) But with good friends and a better attitude I've learned that someone ALWAYS has it worse than you do, and to be thankful for what you have no matter how minimal it is. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We want to go out and be someone, and do something."

    ReplyDelete